This beautiful and reputedly haunted Gothic Revival church was originally conceived by Washington Irving and Rev. John McVickar as a school and chapel in 1853 and modeled after St Martin’s Church in Canterbury, but by 1863, it was a popular village parish that required additions made on the building. Renwick & Sands, the ﬁrm that designed New York City’s Grace Church, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, DC’s Smithsonian Institution, and Vassar College’s main building added the tower, transept and chancel to the original building. Since then, the church has not only been noted for its beauty, but for allegedly being haunted. The story goes that the specter of a woman seen knitting in a rocking chair was identiﬁed in a hundred-year-old photo of the old pastor’s wife and then in 2000, several workers installing the new organ left the church in a rush after seeing an apparition in the sanctuary.