This historic house in Long Island just might be the fanciest and oldest McDonald’s building in the states. It was built in 1795 as a farmhouse for the Denton family and later given a Georgian-style makeover in 1860. By the 20th century, it had become a funeral home and then a series of restaurants before being abandoned and left to deteriorate. In 1985, McDonald’s bought the property and planned to demolish the old house, but the community successfully secured historic landmark status for the site, leading McDonald’s to settle on restoring the house and open up shop inside. Since then, the site has gained the playful nickname, “McMansion.